Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in San Francisco, CA
Let’s change your eating habits to lose weight and prevent chronic diseases with the help of our registered dietitian nutritionist, Dr. Janet McBride, RD, RDN at The G Spa in San Francisco, CA. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 490 Post St, Suite 1703, San Francisco CA 94102.
Table of Contents:
Our bodies require a delicate balance of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals that must be acquired through the consumption of foods and drinks. The food we eat is broken down by our bodies to be used as energy, providing the nutrients our cells need to repair themselves and replicate. Therefore, we literally are what we eat, and should put a great deal of intention into what we eat and the nutritional benefits the foods provide for our bodies.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are food and nutrition experts who work in a wide variety of different settings, including healthcare, public health, private practice, education, and research. They often work with patients who are trying to lose weight and help them achieve their goals by designing a customized diet plan specific to their individual situations.
Dietitians support and counsel clients on how to make changes to their eating habits, preventing chronic illnesses such as diabetes, kidney disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and cancer. Using complex medical and nutrition research, they help their clients make daily food choices and plan healthy meals. They can help clients manage weight loss or weight gain, manage a medical condition with a special diet, alleviate food allergies and digestive problems, or simply help with interpreting nutrition facts on food labels.
There are many reasons to see a registered dietitian nutritionist, including:
• To Help Manage Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, or Other Chronic Diseases — An RDN can help patients understand their condition and how the foods they choose are affecting it.
• When Considering Having or Have Had Gastric Bypass Surgery — Following gastric bypass surgery, the stomach can only manage small servings, making it tricky to get the proper level of nutrients.
• When Experiencing Digestive Problems — Digestive problems can be caused by the wrong diet, and guidance provided by a dietitian can help patients make choices that do not aggravate their condition.
• When Pregnant or Trying to Get Pregnant — The body needs a lot of nutrients to function normally, and this need is even more significant when pregnant.
• When Experiencing Disordered Eating — Registered dietitian nutritionists counsel individuals with eating disorders, including bulimia and anorexia.
• Need to Gain or Lose Weight — A registered dietitian nutritionist can suggest calorie sources for healthy weight gain, or design a personalized weight loss plan for people planning on losing weight.
• For Practical Lifestyle Advice — After learning about the patient’s health history, favorite foods, and eating and exercise habits, a registered dietitian nutritionist will help them set goals and prioritize.
• To Improve Performance in Sports — Regardless of the type of sport or the patient’s desired performance goals, a registered dietitian nutritionist can help set the right goals to achieve the desired results.
• To Learn How to Cook Healthier Foods — A registered dietitian nutritionist can teach patients how to plan and prepare meals in a healthy, convenient, and efficient way, promoting home-cooked meals that provide well-balanced nutrition for the entire family.
If you are looking to see a registered dietitian, come to The G Spa today! Our health clinic is staffed with a registered dietitian that can help you better understand your diet and how to meet your nutritional needs.
The G Spa is dedicated to helping you reach your diet and nutrition goals. The registered dietitian nutritionist at The G Spa can help you make the necessary changes to your diet so you can achieve your health goals. Call us today to book an appointment with our registered dietitian nutritionist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 490 Post St, Suite 1703, San Francisco CA 94102. We serve clients from San Francisco CA, Oakland CA, Pacifica CA, Brisbane CA, Millbrae CA, and San Francisco Bay Area CA.