IM Injections Specialist Q&A
If you are looking for a place where IM injections are offered then visit The G Spa in San Francisco, CA, our specialists are experienced in administering IM injections. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 490 Post St, Suite 1703, San Francisco CA 94102.
Table of Contents:
Sometimes, oral supplements do not provide our bodies with all of the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients they need in order to properly function. In fact, the oral absorption rate is often below fifty percent, making this method of supplementation very wasteful. The best way to absorb a higher percentage of vitamins and nutrients is to bypass the digestive system, which can be achieved through an IM (intramuscular) injection.
An IM (intramuscular) injection is a technique used to deliver a medication deep into the muscles, allowing the medication to bypass the digestive system and be quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. Common treatments using IM injections include vaccines, like the flu shot. In most cases, IM injections are administered by a healthcare professional. However, some conditions, such as multiple sclerosis or rheumatoid arthritis, may also involve treatments that can be self-administered by the patient.
Intramuscular (IM) injections are commonly used to deliver drugs and vaccines in modern medicine. When other types of delivery methods are not recommended, IM injections are used. These include:
• oral (swallowed into the stomach)
• intravenous (injected into the vein)
• subcutaneous (injected under the top layer of skin)
Intramuscular injections may be used instead of intravenous injections in cases where a suitable vein cannot be located or when the drugs being used can irritate the veins. Because some drugs are destroyed by the digestive system when swallowed, IM may be used instead of oral delivery. Intramuscular injections are absorbed faster than subcutaneous injections because muscle tissue has a greater blood supply than subcutaneous tissue. Muscle tissue can also hold a larger volume of medication than subcutaneous tissue, making it an ideal choice in many situations.
There are many benefits of getting IM injections, including:
• Simple and Accessible — The method is simple and very accessible and is often used when other methods of administration cannot be performed.
• Unaided Administering — With IM injections, one does not need to find a vein or know the exact depth of the subcutaneous fat, making it much easier to administer medications.
• Imperative for Many — Intramuscular injections are necessary to administer many drugs that cannot be administered using subcutaneous or intravenous injections. Intramuscular injections can supply a larger volume of the drug or fluid, allowing for more accurate dosing. Since the medicine is not directly injected into the bloodstream, there is a sustained-release which, in certain cases, can have a desirable effect.
The G Spa offers the following IM injections:
• Glutathione — This incredible compound acts as an antioxidant and provides countless health benefits on both a cellular and physical level.
• MIC B-12 — Methionine Inositol Choline (MIC) specifically targets fatty deposits to help release fat throughout the body. In combination with vitamin B12, these injections are used to help accelerate metabolic processes, while producing a greater feeling of overall energy.
• Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) — Vitamin C plays an important role in the health of skin, bones, teeth and cartilage. In the form of an injection, vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and promotes better immune health.
• Methylcobalamin — A form of vitamin B12, methylcobalamin is used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency and may also be used to treat pernicious anemia, diabetes, or other medical conditions.
• B-Complex — The B vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, and B9, provides countless health benefits and are essential for numerous bodily functions.
The G Spa offers IM injections so you can receive the nutrients you need with ease. Call us today to book an appointment with our IM injections specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 490 Post Street, Suite 1703, San Francisco, CA 94102. We serve patients from Mill Valley CA, San Rafael CA, Marin CA, Burlingame CA, San Mateo CA, Oakland CA, and San Francisco Bay area. We look forward to serving you!