Benefits of a Med Spa vs Day Spa Q&A
Medical spas greatly differ from day spas, they both offer great services. However, medical spas offer a more experienced side of medical spa services that you wouldn’t be able to get at a day spa. For more information, call us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 490 Post St, Suite 1703, San Francisco CA 94102.
Table of Contents:
What are the differences between a day spa and a med spa?
What do medical spas offer?
What are the most popular medical spa services?
Do I need a referral to a med spa?
A med spa, also known as a medical spa, is a spa that specializes in medical and wellness services, such as injectables, facials, body treatments, and other cosmetic services. Most medical spas offer a variety of services, but some choose to specialize in a few select services in relation to health and beauty. Over the past several years, medical spas have taken a more health-oriented approach; instead of offering services exclusive to aesthetics, they often provide nutritional services, functional medicine, and hormone therapy, to provide their clients with a broader picture of health.
Day spas and med spas offer a wide range of services in a variety of settings. Day spas are more common than med spas and typically offer traditional services such as massages, facials, and pedicures, as well as non-traditional services, such as waxing and electrolysis. Med spas, or medical spas, offer a wider range of services that can deliver more dramatic results. Med spas can offer more services than day spas can because they are owned and operated by a licensed medical professional, such as a physician or nurse practitioner. Day spas are not, which limits their list of services they can provide to noninvasive procedures and topical treatments.
Because medical spas are operated under the supervision of a medical professional, they can offer more invasive treatments, but still typically do not perform surgical procedures. Med spas generally provide minimally invasive treatments, such as chemical peels, injectables like Botox, and IV therapy.
Medical spas offer treatments, therapies, and procedures that can enhance one’s appearance and improve their overall health. At The G Spa, we provide the following services:
• Body Contouring Services:
• EMSculpt NEO
• TruSculpt iD
• TruSculpt Flex
• Anti-Aging and Sexual Health Services:
• Chemical Peels
• Hormone Therapy
• Wellness Injections:
• IV Therapy
• IM Injections
• Wellness Services:
• Fit3D Body Scan
• Osteopathic Manipulation
• Functional Medicine
The most popular medical spa services are:
• Botox — For several years, Botox has been the most popular med spa service, with over 4 million procedures performed every year in the United States alone. It is easy to see why Botox is the most popular treatment, as it can provide astonishing anti-aging benefits without dangerous side effects or long recovery times.
• Dermal Fillers — With over three million treatments performed every year, the second-most popular med spa service is dermal fillers. Typically composed of hyaluronic acid, dermal fillers work similar to Botox, except that they can “fill-in” wrinkles and folds instead of preventing them from forming.
• Chemical Peels — Coming in at number three, over a million chemical peel treatments are performed each year in the US; these peels are praised by patients and dermatologists alike for their ability to regenerate the skin and provide a much younger-looking appearance.
• Hormone Therapy — Although we are still seeing its rise in popularity, hormone therapy has become one of the most popular med spa services. It is not offered at every med spa, typically only ones that have a stronger emphasis on overall health instead of just aesthetics.
No, there is no referral needed to visit a med spa; patients can come at their own discretion. Med spas often focus on cosmetic treatments, for which a doctor would not likely provide a referral as it is not medically necessary. However, many med spa treatments also provide medical benefits, such as a reduction in hyperhidrosis with Botox injections; in these cases, a doctor may refer a patient to a med spa. Discover the amazing benefits a med spa can offer you at The G Spa in San Francisco. Call us or book an appointment online with our Botox treatment specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 490 Post St, Suite 1703, San Francisco CA 94102. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients from San Francisco CA, Oakland CA, Pacifica CA, Brisbane CA, Millbrae CA, and San Francisco Bay Area CA.