4 Questions to Ask Your Nutritionist
If you want to get into healthier eating habits and a way of life by promoting a balanced lifestyle with food and exercise, contact The G Spa to get help from trained and educated nutritionists like Dr. Janet McBride, RD, RDN that will provide motivation and food management! For more information, call us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 490 Post St, Suite 1703, San Francisco CA 94102.
Table of Contents:
Nutrition is a very important part of everyone’s health and development. As improved nutrition options are related to improved child, maternal, and infant health, with nutrition, we are able to provide stronger immune systems, lower risk of contracting non-communicable diseases, safer pregnancy and childbirth, and longevity of life.
Patients with adequate nutrition are much more productive in their day-to-day life and can even create better opportunities for themselves. Eating healthier will promote many other benefits as well to the body, and show eating healthy is essential to the growing brain. As children who are consistently looking up to their adult role models, we need to show them what eating a healthy and nutrient-dense meal can do for them.
Our trained and experienced nutritionist at The G Spa will provide customized information that is specific to each of our patient’s needs and lifestyles. On an average first appointment, a nutritionist will:
• Review the nutrition value and how their patient will benefit from it
• Assess the patient’s diet and health needs
• Customize meal plans while taking into consideration the cost and preference of the patient
• Evaluate how each individual meal plan works out for the patient, and make any changes necessary
• Promote healthier options for their nutrition needs through seminars and group chats, and build a relationship with food while changing their eating habits for the better and preventing or managing chronic diseases
• Stay updated on the latest when it comes to nutrition and science research
Nutritionists are medical professionals who have extensive knowledge and experience from their studies in nutrition and have become experts in their field of nutrition and food. Nutritionists; however, are not doctors, they can work with individual patients on a one-to-one basis to help them choose better food choices for their individual body type, health conditions, and age. Nutritionists will explain the right types of food to eat and how eating a variety of different foods can positively impact not only your body, but your body’s performance, and recommend which foods shouldn’t be consumed as often.
Dieticians are certified in their field of study to treat clinical conditions that are specific to their patient’s health conditions, these may include eating disorders. Dieticians will often provide food recommendations for their patients based on the patient’s past, their age, health condition, etc.
Dr. Janet McBride, RD, RDN is a registered dietitian nutritionist at The G Spa. She has additional certification in childhood and adolescent weight management, weight and eating disorders, and integrative and functional nutrition. She can provide customized nutrition plans as per patients’ needs.
Nutritionists are available for their patients each workday that the clinic is open, they can help their patients with the many challenges, and different factors in their lifestyle that may be causing a rift in their eating habits, and help find ways to get their patients to overcome any barriers. A few of the main benefits that nutritionists offer include:
• Customized menu options that were chosen specifically for each individual patient’s needs and lifestyle based on the information we have been provided
• Meal planning to help prep and cut down on the cost of food. This option is designed as a designated list to help with any temptation when grocery shopping
• Proper nutrition to help manage patients’ chronic diseases as well as provide proper treatment by your primary care physician or specialist when it comes to managing your chronic illnesses more effectively
• Nutritionists are available as a means to help you become more motivated if you tend to struggle a lot to keep a healthier lifestyle
• Patients who often suffer from specific allergies will also benefit from the educational aspect, as nutritionists will education about the foods you may have an allergic reaction to, and what you can do to help in eating better foods within your diet
• When patients start to eat healthier, the body does not need to work as hard as it used to, to provide energy to do things while making you feel good
• Patients will be offered individualized created plans with recommendations based on the current health information and lifestyle choices that were provided to the clinic at the time of signing up
Our main concern at The G Spa is our patients. We want to ensure the body is functioning at its peak and how the effects of eating healthy will show physically, emotionally, and mentally. The dietary and nutritional changes we provide will vastly change how the patient’s hair, skin, and body begin to look. Eating foods that are not as healthy or nutrient-dense can bring on poorly nourished bodies which can cause negative effects on the face and body, to be as specific as dryness, bloating, and sagging skin. If you are looking for an experienced nutritionist, talk to Dr. Janet McBride, RD, RDN at The G Spa today. Call us or book an appointment online, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 490 Post St, Suite 1703, San Francisco CA 94102. We serve clients from San Francisco CA, Oakland CA, Pacifica CA, Brisbane CA, Millbrae CA, and San Francisco Bay Area CA.